Series about bringing up my NVidia video card on the RISC-V board (SiFive Unmatched)

The project of bringing up my GK-208 video card at the early boot stages turned out to be much bigger than originally envisioned — and the approach for accomplishing the goal had to change completely mid-course. I want to document that journey in detail, and since it is not directly related to QSOE, I will be posting an 8-part series, which I'm calling gk208-videobios, to my "legacy" blog at r-tty.blogspot.com.

After those posts I will continue documenting here the exciting new things that are directly related to QSOE and mr-bml: how these two talk to the text-mode video controller, how the console (video + keyboard!) is organized, what the devc-vidcon resource manager will look like, how HDMI audio on the GK-208 depends on the active video mode of the controller, and other interesting things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QSOE project v0.1 released

A free QNX-like operating system (2003)

How QSOE started